Our Heritage

THE HISTORY OF HAMILTON MEATS

Hamilton Meats was founded by Homer Hamilton in a modest building in central San Diego in 1932. Originally, all of our meat was brought in in carcass form and broken down in-house, but during the 1970’s, we began to take advantage of the efficiencies of “Box Beef” through the leadership of Don Hamilton. Our commitment to time-honored butchery techniques remained unchanged throughout the growth of the company. In the year 2000 Mick Hamilton spearheaded the acquisition of our prized “All Natural” products lines, including antibiotic-free and grass-fed choices. The Hamilton family business grew from a local supplier into a major distributor with a regional footprint. Utilizing our on-site USDA cutting facility, Hamilton is able to cut the highest quality Organic, Never-Ever, Grass-Fed, Choice, and Prime meats to our customers’ exact specifications. All the while, we have never compromised our reputation for quality, honesty, and integrity. For three generations, Hamilton has continued to be the industry innovator of quality, consistency, and sustainably-farmed products.